Mar 30, 2012, 11:36 AM EST
When Scotty McKnight was asked to surrender his No. 15 to the Jets’ newly-acquired Tim Tebow, he was only happy to oblige. According to McKnight, that number is haunted. TMZ:
Scotty doesn’t have fond memories of wearing the jersey — getting minimal playing time during last year’s preseason, and eventually getting bumped to the Jets practice squad where he tore his ACL.
Now, sources close to Scotty tell us, the WR is pumped to start fresh with a new number — and sees Tebow taking the jersey as a blessing … relieving him of his bad luck
The New York Times did some checking, and among the players who’ve worn No. 15 for the Jets were four other quarterbacks (Pabe Pirilli, Dick Jamieson, Bob Davis and Kyle Mackey); a punter (Chuck Ramsey); two receivers (Wallace Wright and Phillip Riley); and a defensive back (Don Flynn). None were superstars, but you wouldn’t call their careers cursed. Except maybe Pirilli, who was Joe Namath’s backup, and therefore got little playing time.
But there’s another reason I’m calling BS on McKnight’s claims that he’s cursed. The entire time he wore No. 15 for the Jets, this has been his girlfriend:
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found