Mar 29, 2012, 10:06 AM EDT
Or, just call this Weight Watchers’ Revenge. You may recall back in January when Weight Watchers spokesman Charles Barkley was caught saying on TNT that Weight Watchers was “a big scam.” Barkley apparently didn’t know that his mic was live at the time, and Weight Watchers has publicly forgiven him for the cheeky comment. But then they came up with a new ad campaign for Barkley, and as you can see, apparently all was not forgiven. Huffington Post:
In the “Lose Like A Man” TV spot, slated to air on April 8, Barkley pledges to do anything necessary to get the attention of men and to get them on board with losing weight, Weight Watchers says. His message: Dieting is NOT just for women, a point he drives home with his own weight-loss success story, having shed some 42 pounds (and counting) since signing on as a spokesperson for the program last year.
Well, better Barkley than Shaq, I guess.
Bit if you don’t want to go the Weight Watchers route, here’s another idea for losing weight. (Some NSFW language).
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found