Mar 29, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
A man named Jesse Joe Hernandez was executed in Texas on Wednesday, and among his last words were a shout-out to his favorite football team. Not welcome news for Jerry Jones, I would imagine. From NBC-Dallas Fort Worth:
Jesse Joe Hernandez smiled and laughed at times before receiving a lethal injection for the slaying of Karlos Borja 11 years ago.
“God bless everybody. Continue to walk with God,” the 47-year-old Hernandez said. Moments later, he shouted “Go Cowboys!” in honor of his favorite football team.
This isn’t the first time that a condemned man has departed this realm while thinking of his favorite NFL team. It happened twice in 2007 — Robert Comer yelled “Go Raiders!” following his lethal injection, and a few months earlier, just before he was executed, James Filiaggi said that he would “use magic” to get the Cleveland Browns to the Super Bowl.
Well, that was a cheery way to start a Thursday. More sour milk for your cereal?
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
What you missed while placing pork chops in your pants …
- JaVale McGee throwing one down on Jose Calderon is your dunk of the night.
- Now I’m going to wonder all day what happened to the other boxing glove.
- Magic Johnson-Dodgers sale gets Taiwanese animation treatment.
- Goodbye Tebow, Hello Peyton – a fan’s acoustic tribute
Meanwhile, on Late Night with Conan O’Brien (some dialogue NSFW) …
“As of 0900 hours Mountain Time, Paramount Pictures and myself, Ronald Joseph Aaron Burgundy, have come to terms on a sequel to Anchorman. It is official, there will be a sequel to Anchorman.”
No further details have been announced, though it seems safe to presume that Ferrell’s costars Christina Applegate, Paul Rudd and Steve Carell will also sign on for the movie. Adam McKay, the co-writer and director of the original film, is also likely to be on board.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found