Mar 27, 2012, 2:15 PM EST
In the latest variation of the “kid asks hot starlet to be his date for the prom” video, here we have students from Stuyvesant High School in Manhattan making a video plea for Jeremy Lin to come speak at their graduation on June 25th. The ceremony will be at the Palace Theatre in NYC, and the kids put on an entire production to try and get Lin to stop by.
What we have here is a real grassroots effort: a sweet example of cockeyed optimism that’s rather infectious. The less said about the opening rap effort the better — especially since the one guy reads the lyrics from his cell phone — but the video gains points for featuring the captain of the robotics team, and a kid whose actual name is Lin.
It’s a valiant effort but a doubtful proposition overall, as the NBA season will be long over by then, and Lin will probably be back in California … perhaps to speak to the graduates of his own school, Palo Alto High.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found