Mar 23, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
It was safe to say that televangelist and all-around fun guy Pat Robertson was not going to be amused when the Broncos dumped his beloved Tim Tebow for the Godless Peyton Manning, and on Thursday that was confirmed. Robertson broke down the implications of the Manning-to-Denver deal on the Christian Broadcasting Network, and he wasn’t kind to the Broncos.
Pat stopped short of predicting that an earthquake would swallow Denver Broncos headquarters sometime in the next few weeks, but one could tell that he secretly wishes that would happen. Instead, the televangelist’s answer to Andy Rooney made a veiled threat. After charging that the Broncos “treated Tim Tebow shabbily,” he pointed out that Manning is damaged goods. And … “If that injury comes back, Denver will find themselves without a quarterback. And in my opinion it will serve them right.” (Emphasis his).
Of course he has a point about the Broncos taking a chance on Manning. But the way he presented it was kind of creepy, in a “curse upon your house” kind of way. Of course there’s also the possibility that he was just stoned.
But the best part of the entire report comes after Robertson is done speaking, and he swings it back to co-host Terry Meeuwsen. One can tell that the poor woman hasn’t the vaguest idea what was just being discussed.
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
What you missed while visiting the Assman …
- Samuel L. Jackson introduces the LA Clippers/New Orleans Hornets starting lineups (video).
- Panini America shows possible Tim Tebow Jets playing card.
- United States Hockey League assault news: Urbandale, Iowa, police charge two Des Moines Buccaneers players for allegedly assaulting a Fargo Force player.
Meanwhile, at the museum …
Algerian artist Abel Abdessemed created this sculpture of Zinedine Zidane’s headbutt in the 2006 World Cup, which is on display at the David Zwirner gallery in New York.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found