Mar 22, 2012, 9:49 AM EDT
It takes a special type of person to throw a wheelchair-bound woman off of a bridge … a special, psychopathic, Heath-Ledger-as-The-Joker type of person. This is not a scene from a movie, however: it’s an insane bungee jumping expedition in Whistler, British Columbia. Yes, this woman has had her wheelchair tethered to a bungee cord, and is “going for a ride,” as Short Round said in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. And after this, she wanted to do it again. Totally mental.
This would have been funnier if the woman had used the Stephen Hawking voice synthesizer during the jump. (Stephen Hawking computer voice): “OK. Throw-me-off. WHEEEEEEE.”
Her name is Christine Rougoor, and she plunged 150 feet in the jump.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found