Mar 21, 2012, 11:02 AM EDT
Avast! The Lake County Captains, a Class-A Midwest League baseball team in Eastlake Ohio, are celebrating their 10th anniversary — and what better way to mark the occasion than with a giant fish sandwich? This season the Captains’ concession area will be featuring the tempting Moby Dick: three pounds of fun from the sea.
The Moby Dick features a 15″ sesame seed hoagie roll, five quarter-pound fish filets, eight slices of cheese, six ounces of clam strips, one-third pound of French fries, one cup of cole slaw, all topped off by gobs of lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, and tartar sauce. The price for the sandwich is only $20.
The team says the sandwich “feeds two fans uncomfortably or four fans comfortably,” and packs more than 4,000 calories and 200 grams of fat. So of course they’ve challenged you to eat one by yourself.
Individual fans will have the opportunity to take the Moby Dick Challenge and attempt to consume a single Moby Dick sandwich in less than one hour by themselves. Fans wishing to attempt this feat will do so while seated in the Moby Dick Challenge Chair located on the main concourse at Classic Park.
If they are successful, the fans who take part in the Challenge will receive a commemorative t-shirt that they can wear with pride and their photo will be placed on the Champion Eaters bulletin board at Classic Park.
When your town has to hire Robert Shaw to haul in your lunch each day, it may be time to reassess your health.
Photo: Lake County Captains, via Ben’s Biz Blog.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games