Mar 20, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
So Alex Rodriguez took his 20-year-old niece, Michelle Silva, and his girlfriend, Torrie Wilson, shopping recently at the Blue & Cream boutique on the Bowery, and the damage on his AmEx Black Card was $17,600. So far so good. But according to the New York Post, Silva’s mother then wanted her daughter to take back the expensive clothes, fearing that A-Rod was spoiling her. But the store won’t take them back. A-Rod is furious! Wait … is this an episode of The Real Housewives of New York City?
A store rep said Wilson was being price conscious, but Rodriguez’s niece kept “throwing in more and more clothes.” When his niece took the expensive clothes home, the Post was told her mother thought it was too much, and they tried to return some.
But Blue & Cream only takes clothing back for store credit, so now Rodriguez is disputing the charges.
A store rep told the Post:
“It’s ridiculous. Completely ridiculous. We have security tapes and coverage of him at the checkout counter. We’re completely not in the wrong.”
The lesson for all you Little Leaguers out there? It comes from this sentence in the Post story:
Rodriguez “joked around with the saleswomen while the girls shopped,”
Always keep your eye on the ball, especially when women are shopping and your credit card is involved. Rookie mistake.
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
What you missed while zipping around the ocean in your killer whale submarine …
- Bills’ Steve Johnson records track on The Game’s new album.
- In which Shane Battier essentially tells Duke fans to back away from the ledge.
Meanwhile, in Lexington, KY …
Kentucky fans change ‘Duke Road’ to ‘UK Road’. Seems only right.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found