Mar 20, 2012, 5:05 PM EDT
Perhaps stung because his team lost out in the Peyton Manning sweepstakes, or maybe just bored during the off-season, the Cardinals’ Joey Porter thought he’d weigh in on the next phase in Tim Tebow’s career. His quotes didn’t exactly raise Tebow’s stock any. During an appearance on NFL Access on Monday, Porter was asked about Tebow, and dropped the Bieber card. Oh no he di’nt! Porter:
“Anybody who brings him in right now, you would think they’re trying to do it for ticket sales. So it’s just like, it’s good to have a Justin Bieber because you’re gonna get a whole lot of (fans). That’s what I compare it to. He’s the Justin Bieber of the NFL.”
“You gotta think that if I’m playing and you bring Tebow in. You’re not gonna think like, ‘What are we trying to do this year?’ I don’t think we can win right now with Tebow.”
My advice to Tebow is the same as it was the day the Manning rumors started: stay in Denver. You’re 24, and the guy ahead of you is 36 and has had multiple neck surgeries. What better place to hang out for a few months and wait for the starting job to come around again, and what better QB to watch from the sideline while you do it?
Doesn’t seem that Tebow is listening to my advice, however.
Joey Porter explains Tim Tebow: ‘He’s the Justin Bieber of the NFL’ [Sportress of Blogitude]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found