Mar 20, 2012, 10:04 AM EDT
“Well, wasn’t it nice for Mr. Gasol to drop by and visit our … hey! Who ate all the cookies?!”
Look, you can say what you want about the Memphis Grizzlies’ chances for a ring this season: to me, they’re already champions. Here’s center Marc Gasol attending an afternoon tea party with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital patients Ellen Taylor, 8, left, and Jakayla Bass, 5, right, on Thursday in Memphis. And when you get down to it, aren’t these the best parties?
Teammates Rudy Gay, Dante Cunningham, and Hamed Haddadi were also there for the event in which Grizzlies players decorated cookies, signed autographs and visited with residents of the Grizzlies House, which is a research and short-term care facility for kids undergoing cancer treatment.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found