Mar 19, 2012, 3:22 PM EDT
It’s unclear where Tim Tebow will end up next season, football-wise, but one thing’s for certain: Even though Tebowmania is dead in Denver, he will live on in America’s pants. I’m referring to Jockey underwear, of course, which says it has no plans to throw Tebow in the hamper now that Peyton Manning is the presumptive King of the Broncos. TMZ:
A Jockey rep says, “Jockey brought Tim Tebow on as a spokesperson before he took his first professional snap and even before he finalized his contract with an NFL team. Jockey supports him 100% and we look forward to continuing our great relationship with Tim.”
Now that’s loyalty. Besides, they probably have a contract they can’t break. We’ll see what happens when it runs out.
Meanwhile, in Vegas, there was a slight uptick in Denver’s chances to win it all. In February the Broncos odds to win the 2013 Super Bowl were 50-1. Today they’re 12-1, according to Lucky’s Sports Book, via the Las Vegas Sun. At the Las Vegas Hilton, the Broncos are only 10-1, trailing only the Packers, Saints and Patriots.
“There will be no bargains on Denver winning it all now,” said Lucky’s sports book director Jimmy Vaccaro. “It’s very apparent that we’re going to get a lot more money on Denver with the Peyton signing. I relish anything that creates interest. And this might be the biggest free-agent signing of all time.”
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found