Mar 17, 2012, 3:23 PM EST
Ever wanted to hit your son’s/daughter’s sports coach? Well, one man in Indiana decided to stand up for his daughter by slugging one of her basketball coach right in the face.
37-year-old Shelly Miller of Michigan City was charged with felony battery last week after he attacked one of the basketball coaches at St. Stanislaus School for making his daughter run laps after practice:
The incident shortly after 3 p.m. on Wednesday March 8th. During practice, two players got into an argument and were punished by being made to run laps inside the gym.
When 37-year-old Shelly S. Miller, the father of one of those players, arrived at the school police say he was angered by his daughter’s punishment so he approached assistant coach Jeffrey Yackus and punched him. Yackus was knocked to the ground and police say Miller climbed on top of him and continued punching him in the face and head, rendering him unconscious.
Since then, Miller has appeared at LaPorte County Superior Court to face the charges and his next scheduled court appearance will be on May 3rd.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found