The only photo of Newt Gingrich with a Minor League Baseball mascot cow that you’re likely to see today
Mar 16, 2012, 12:10 PM EDT
If you want to be president, you have to press the flesh … or the hoof, as the case may be. Yes, that’s Newt Gingrich grabbing a much-sought-after photo op with Tipper, the mascot cow of the Visalia Rawhide of the Class-A California League (Diamondbacks affiliate). It all went down at Tuesday’s World Ag Expo in Tulare, Calif., which goes to show, I guess, that Gingrich is in the race for the long haul. California’s Republican primary isn’t until June 5.
The all-important Tipper endorsement is great, of course, but everyone knows that the road to the White House goes through the Modesto Nuts.
(Thanks to the Visalia Rawhide and Ben’s Biz Blog).
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- PHT: Avs name Hall of Famer Roy as head coach
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead