Mar 15, 2012, 10:05 AM EDT
Rafael Nadal had just disposed of fellow Spaniard Marcel Granollers 6-1, 6-4 at Indian Wells when he signed a few tennis balls and began throwing them into the crowd. One poor sap was so intent on claiming a souvenir that he stumbled over the barrier, crashing onto the court like Terrell Owens flipping over the boards at an Indoor Football League game. Nadal then rushed over to make sure the guy was OK, proving three things:
1. Nadal is a nice guy.
2. Baseball fans aren’t the only fools who will risk injury for a ball.
3. Hilarity such as this still doesn’t make me like tennis.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found