Mar 14, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
So Josh Adams is pretty much the King of Everything on the Chapparal High (Colorado) campus right now, after his heroics gave his team the Colorado 5A state basketball title recently. After Arapahoe High had tied the game at 67 with 10 seconds left, Chapparal’s Cory Calvert took a 3-pointer that went off the back rim. But Adams had knifed in past a defender, and converted on an off-balance, left-handed tip-in at the buzzer, giving his team the win. The crowd, as they say, went wild.
“The play was for Cory (Calvert, his teammate and good friend) to take the last shot because he had been feeling it,” Adams said. “I’ll tell you what, I put everything into that jump.”
Adams will play at the University of Wyoming next season.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found