Mar 13, 2012, 4:49 PM EST
Look out Lingerie Football League — there’s a new, scantily-clad sheriff in town. Introducing the Lady Arena Football League, which isn’t associated with the Lingerie Football League, but is associated with Snoop Dogg. That’s because Snoop is a part-owner of the Los Angeles Riderettes, which held tryouts this past weekend (see below).
The LAFL and the LFL both play in arenas, as far as I can tell; both play tackle; and both play in their underwear. So the only difference, I guess, is that the new LAFL is eight-person football, whereas the LFL plays with seven players per side.
The new league will begin in May, according to its web site.
Its site says that the league has five teams for its opening season: the Riderettes, the Lady Houston Panthers,
New Orleans Lady Dollz, Kansas City Tease and St. Louis Sting.
Additional fun fact from the Houston Chronicle:
Snoop Dogg already coaches his own children’s teams in the Snoop Youth Football League, and he holds his annual Snooperbowl championship for the kids on the eve of the Super Bowl.
Snoop Dogg Goes From Pimpin’ To Owning Lingerie Football Team [Busted Coverage]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found