Mar 13, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
You laughed when a young twerp was pummeled by geezers with a golf ball retriever for disturbing them with an air horn, but now things are getting a little more serious on the golf course. A man who was part of a threesome playing through a slower group at the Resort on Eagle Mountain Lake, in Fort Worth, was attacked by one of the golfers, and was stabbed in the leg with a broken putter. And he may lose a leg.
Clay Carpenter, 48, said his group had permission from the course marshal to play through, but one of the players in the other group took exception, and an angry confrontation ensued. Carpenter:
“Things change rapidly, you know. He swings at my head with his golf club, with his putter. Well, I stick my hand up. It breaks my thumb,” Carpenter said.
The next few moments remain a blur for him, and are the focus of a criminal investigation by the Tarrant County Sheriff’s Office.
“Next thing I know, my buddy’s saying, ‘Clay you’ve been stabbed,'” he said. “Obviously my shoes were filling up with blood, and at that point I passed out.”
Friends tried to help Carpenter as paramedics made their way to the 13th hole. The club had punctured a femoral artery.
Carpenter said he likely won’t play golf again, and may have to have his leg amputated. The Tarrant County Sheriff’s Dept. is investigating.
I thought golf was supposed to relieve stress? It sure seems to be the opposite.
Golfer stabbed with broken putter during golf course melee, may lose right leg [Sportress of Blogitude]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found