Mar 9, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
Here are Kevin Durant, Kate Upton and James Harden at a video shoot for Skull Candy headphones on Thursday — this is one of several pics that Upton sent out on Twitter. The commercial was shot in Oklahoma City, thus the presence of Durant and Harden (nice gig). The Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue cover girl also attended the Phoenix Suns-Oklahoma City Thunder game the night before, where Mentality Magazine caught this bit of statistical news:
The bubbly Kate Upton was at the Oklahoma City Thunder game last night distracting both teams with her big smile. She attracted so much attention from the players that she actually caused the teams to shoot much worse. The basket that Kate Upton sat at caused the Phoenix Suns and the Thunder to shoot a combined 39%, whereas the other side the teams shot 49%.
Ha. Can this be true? You can’t tell from this, but the teams shot 44.5 percent overall combined for the game, so it’s in that ballpark. Durant and Harden each had 30 points as Oklahoma City prevailed, 115-104. Assist to Ms. Upton?
UPDATE, from Thunder.com:
Kate Upton, the Sports Illustrated cover girl, was in the house sitting next to Aubrey McClendon who is her uncle or something. Fun fact: Shooting at the basket where Upton sat under, both teams combined to go just 39 percent from the floor. On the other end? 49.4 percent. Also, the Suns went 9-12 in the first half from the free throw line, while at the Upton end, they missed six. Including a rare one from Steve Nash. Thundor’s big jiggling belly is a pretty good distraction, but obviously not as good as Thunder Upton.
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
Headline of the day: Coralville Man Arrested at Grocery Store for “Criminal Mischief With Cheese” …
- Michelle Beadle cookie challenge fail.
- Dwight Howard does a pretty good Charles Barkley impression.
- Jonathan Papelbon says Phillies fans are more knowledgeable about baseball than Red Sox fans. I see no way this will cause controversy.
Meanwhile, at the Lakers-Wizards game …
Random fan wears Kobe Bryant mask, gets interviewed.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found