Mar 8, 2012, 11:04 AM EST
Meanwhile, in Coral Gables, Fla., it doesn’t pay to dwaddle at an intersection when the light turns green, at least when a professional MMA fighter is in the car behind you. Two pool men got into a road rage argument with Fernando Rodrigues (pictured) on Tuesday, that ended with Rodrigues, a Brazilian ju-jitzu fighter who served two tours in Iraq, allegedly pistol-whipping one of the men. Juan Uribe, in the face. Rodrigues also put Uribe in an MMA hold on the side of the road, and punched Uribe’s partner, Michael Caccavella, through the open window of Caccavelle’s truck.
Palm Beach Post:
He was a big guy. I didn’t want any part of him,” Uribe said Tuesday. “I don’t remember much after he hit me.”
Caccavella, who also was carrying a gun, said Tuesday that he came close to shooting Rodrigues in order to help his assistant.
“I was ready to shoot him and do everyone on earth a favor. I pulled the trigger, but realized I didn’t have one in the chamber,” said Caccavella, 54, of Lake Worth. “This could’ve ended really bad for everyone.”
Among the charges against Rodrigues, a Coral Springs resident, are three counts of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon — his hands.
Rodrigues was charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon: his hands and feet. Plus the gun, I’m assuming. He was jailed without bond. All of this despite the court appearance of Supergirl on Rodrigues’ behalf.
Stefanie “Supergirl” Guimaraes, a mixed martial arts fighter identified as Rodrigues’ fiancee and business partner, was in court but did not comment. Rodrigues’ attorney, Samuel Rabin, said it was too early in the case to comment.
MMA fighter’s alleged attack was another wild day on South Florida roads [Palm Beach Post]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found