Mar 7, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
Both live in the Pueblo of Los Angeles, taking delight in humiliating bumbling opponents and fighting against the tyranny of Spanish authorities, or Jerry Buss. One relies on his trusted servant Bernardo, and the other, um, has Jack Nicholson, I guess. Kobe Bryant debuted his new black mask on Tuesday night against the Pistons, and hit a buzzer-beater to send the contest into overtime. Alas, no daring do from there, as the Lakers lost, 88-85. Kobe clearly needs to add a cape.
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
What you missed while getting another tasteful face tattoo …
- Jim Irsay announces release of Peyton Manning, then gives him a ride home.
- Before that, Manning left a 50 percent tip on a $700 restaurant bill.
- San Antonio couple name newborn twins Parker and Duncan. May trade them later, depending on how things go with the Spurs.
- British athletes will not shake your hand at the Olympics.
Meanwhile, in the backstop aquarium at Marlins Park …
All hatchlings admitted half price.
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
Wait, panel 2 … the squirrel is talking, but the words are coming out of its … oh my lord.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found