Mar 7, 2012, 12:42 PM EDT
First of all, we know that Aaron Rodgers is still doling out free publicity for State Farm Insurance, performing his Discount Double Check move everywhere he goes. Here he is doing it at a Milwaukee Bucks game. This is going to get really sad in about 15 years, when he’s doing the move for a free beer at a Racine, Wis., Holiday Inn, and no one recognizes it. But anyway, we have more important news from that game. Rodgers surprised Miss America, Laura Kaeppeler, by walking up and introducing himself at halftime.
When former Miss Wisconsin Laura Kaeppeler was introduced during the nationally-televised Miss America pageant in January, she gave a shout out to the Green Bay Packers and quarterback Aaron Rodgers. After she won the crown and attended the Super Bowl in Indianapolis, fans and reporters kept asking whether she had a chance to meet Rodgers. Kaeppeler said she hadn’t, and didn’t expect to.
The 24-year-old Miss America sang the national anthem at Monday’s Bucks game in Milwaukee. And who happened to be there? Rodgers surprised Kaeppler during halftime in a guest suite at the Bradley Center.
(Fat guy in Packers jersey banging on luxury box window: “Hey Rodgers! Discount double-checking her?”
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights