Mar 6, 2012, 6:41 PM EDT
It doesn’t look like the Lingerie Football League is going away anytime soon. In addition to 12 teams in the U.S., there are now six in Canada — with new franchises recently announced in Regina and Saskatoon. And now the LFL has migrated to Australia, which will play host to the Lingerie Football League all-star games tour this June. That’s where 32 all-stars will play a series of games to introduce the new, four-team league that will begin play there in 2013. As if the Aussies need convincing when it comes to a scantily-clad womens’ sports league.
Queenslander Chloe Butler is the face of the LFL as it pushes to establish a competition in Australia by 2013 with four teams — Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide.
Butler will serve as the ambassador of LFL Football coming to Australia and will captain the Western Conference squad.
There are currently 12 LFL teams in the U.S., but with different franchises folding and new ones springing up, it’s hard to keep track of exactly which cities will have teams next season. At any rate, there should be at least 12, and perhaps as many as 16. Meanwhile, the league announced plans to expand to Europe in 2014, and to hold an LFL World Bowl — pitting the best players from the U.S., Canada, Australia and Europe — to be played in Rio de Janiero in advance of the 2014 World Cup.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona