Mar 5, 2012, 5:25 PM EST
It’s a donut only Homer Simpson would love: filled with shredded pork, and, it’s rumored, dried seaweed (photo below). It will soon be available in China, where Dunkin Donuts is set to make a big marketing push with its new spokesman, LeBron James. This is actually true: one-third of Dunkin Donuts stores are in Asia, and they’re aiming to open about 100 more in China alone over the next year. So marketing in that neck of the woods is big business, and you need a big spokesman. Mmmm, LeBron and donut pork. NESN:
Dunkin’ Brands (Dunkin Donuts and Baskin Robbins) announced that it is teaming up with the Miami Heat forward in an attempt to grow its brand in Asia, of all places, according to The Associated Press.
The multiyear deal is said to be worth millions.
What of these tempting pork donuts of which you speak? Reuters:
“Donuts are a very flexible product. You can do savory donuts, you can do donuts with shredded pork — that’s in China,” Chief Executive Officer Nigel Travis told Reuters in an interview.
“We also have a range of other savory products that we have been testing and introducing country by country.”
Here it is folks: the shredded pork and dried seaweed donut. Looks like something Ricky Gervais would make Karl Pilkington eat on An Idiot Abroad. Enjoy, mate!
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found