The fish have arrived at the Marlins Park aquarium, officially making this the weirdest stadium ever (video)
Mar 2, 2012, 10:44 AM EDT
Yes, as we’ve mentioned before, that’s actually an aquarium behind home plate and in front of the stands at the new Marlin Park, and it has real fish. The Park’s first official residents — assuming the rats haven’t yet moved in — arrived Thursday, as you can see in the video below. YouTube commenters are very excited about this development, asking “Will there be an epic algae problem?”; “Will the fish get stressed out and die?”; “Will my children see dead fish?”; “Do the Marlins have earthquake/flood insurance?”
This is officially the weirdest stadium in the majors.
Other fun Marlins Park facts:
The Marlins will play exhibition games against the University of Miami (Tues., March 6) and Florida International (Weds., March 7). But the first official game at the new stadium will be on Monday, and won’t even involve the Marlins: Christopher Columbus High School meets Belen Jesuit Preparatory School on Monday, March 5.
Crews began rolling out a shade-resistant Bermuda sod called Celebration last week, which the team said took four days to install.
As you can see below (from the Marlins Park webcam), the hideous Marlins Outfield Sculpture appears to be complete. Your night terrors will begin soon, little Marlins fans.
Marlins Park aquariums have fish; fans will get to see it all Saturday [Miami Herald]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles
- Blue Jays-Yankees finale scrubbed by rain
- Play Video: Sagan wins Stage 8 of Tour of California
- Play Video: Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes, Orb finishes fourth
- Play Video: van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Play Video: Konig takes Stage 7, van Garderen retains overall lead
- Play Video: Captain Callahan answers for Rangers
- Play Video: Chudzinski: 'Too early' to name a QB