Feb 29, 2012, 10:05 AM EDT
It’s something I’ve always pondered: what if a pro wrestling match went wildly off script, and one of the wrestlers fought back for real? That would make a good movie (copyright, patent, do not steal). Now it’s happened for real, apparently, as John Levi Miller, 23, filed a lawsuit on Monday claiming that Clinton Woosley did some unauthorized kicking to his groin area in a match. Woosley was supposed to be the designated loser in their Indiana-based Coliseum Championship Wrestling match this past June, but things didn’t go as planned. Woosley kicked Miller in the groin at some point, and as a result, Miller lost a testicle, according to the Louisville Courier-Journal.
Miller says Woosley, who wrestles under the name Guido Andretti, declined his invitation to map out the fight, as is customary, and instead said he understood the plan and that “it would be OK.” However, Miller says Woosley tried to win and kicked him hard in the crotch.
Miller, who was a contestant on season two of “Love Games,” an Oxygen Channel reality show, could not immediately be reached for comment. Neither he nor Woosley had listed phone numbers. In his bio on the show’s website, Miller is described as an aspiring WWE wrestler who has made a few appearances on the WWE circuit as a villain named “The Playboy J-Millz.”
Miller’s lawyer, Larry Wilder of Jeffersonville, told the paper that Miller applied ice to the swelling after returning home from his match with Woosley, but went to a hospital the next day, where doctors ended up removing his ruptured right testicle.
Sam Cosby, who owns Coliseum Championship Wrestling, which promoted the event, told the newspaper that Miller got his facts wrong. He said Miller finished the match and actually won it, as scripted, and he said Miller gave no indication afterward that he had been injured.
Miller’s lawyer says he has no health insurance and owes more than $20,000 in medical bills. One would think that health insurance would be a priority for a pro wrestler — even though the matches may be staged, there’s still a lot of physicality involved, and the potential for injury. But I guess not.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy