Feb 27, 2012, 1:07 PM EST
Well, Carli Shultis is in a timeout because, apparently, trying to steal hash browns in your pants is FROWNED UPON in this ESTABLISHMENT!
But before we begin throwing stones, who among us hasn’t been arrested for attempting to steal a warm breakfast item in our pants? It happened to the University of Georgia soccer standout last week at a campus eatery, as an alert employee noticed that something was amiss. Athens Banner Herald:
Shultis, 19, was arrested by UGA Police and charged with theft by shoplifting Tuesday morning at the Tate Center Bulldog Café. A restaurant employee called police after witnessing Shultis putting hash browns in her pants and then proceeding without paying for them, UGA Police spokesman Lt. Eric Dellinger said.
Police were dispatched at 8:32 a.m., and Shultis admitted to the responding officer she had taken the $1.06 order of hash browns, according to Dellinger.
Shultis was taken to the Clarke County Jail, where she was released that morning on $1,500 bail, according to records.
The folks at Eagles Landing Christian in McDonough, Ga., where Shultis was a three-year captain on the soccer team, will not be pleased.
And thanks to the greatness of Busted Coverage, we also have this tidbit: Shultis, according to her Facebook status, had just broken up with her boyfriend a couple of days before the arrest. Here’s a bunch of pictures of her if you’re interested.
Absolutely true excerpt from her Georgia bio page:
Q: What’s your favorite food?
A: My favorite food is Italian, anything Italian.
Q: What’s your favorite movie?
A: Law Abiding Citizen. I’ve seen it like four times.
Also, from Shultis’ Twitter profile:
UGA Soccer #11. Otters and Waffle House will forever have my heart.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found