Feb 25, 2012, 1:45 PM EST
It doesn’t surprise me that NASCAR driver Danica Patrick has a Lamborghini in her possession. What does surprise me is a recent article stating that she doesn’t really like to drive it anymore.
Patrick bought the car back in 2007 and while she enjoyed the vehicle back then, she changed her tune as Danica found the car to be impractical:
“I got it originally because I had a 645 BMW and it was a convertible,” she said. “It was the first car I ever bought because I had always gotten cars through teams or deals.”
“I just needed something more practical,” Patrick said. “It sounds stupid but there are no cup holders in my Lamborghini.
The last straw for the car ended up being in 2009, when Patrick went to pick her sister, Brooke from the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport and had some issues with her luggage:
“The last straw was probably having to pick up my sister at the airport in a Lamborghini,” Patrick said. “I couldn’t have felt more stupid. I’m serious. I felt so stupid.
“She’s got bags. I don’t have a trunk. I’ve got a briefcase-sized spot in the front of the car. I have no space.”“It just didn’t work very well,” Patrick said
The car is still in Danica’s possession but she decided to remedy those issues she had with the Lamborghini by buying a Mercedes-Benz ML63 AMG for the trips to the airport.
Danica found her street car isn’t so practical [Yahoo Sports]
Danica Patrick doesn’t drive her Lamborghini because it has no cup holders [Larry Brown Sports]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found