Feb 20, 2012, 4:22 PM EDT
It’s become a traditional rite of passage for any professional sports star who has just entered the media spotlight: Before you do anything, you must deny rumors that you’re dating a Kardashian. Jeremy Lin went on the record this morning in an interview with Rachel Nichols of ESPN, which was shown on ABC’s Good Morning America.
In it, the single, 23-year old Harvard graduate turned overnight NBA sensation shot down rumors he’s dating reality TV star Kim Kardashian who recently divorced Kris Humphries of the New Jersey Nets.
“Stuff about me dating Kim Kardashian, I mean, I have no idea where that came from and all these other rumors,” said Lin when asked about the most ridiculous aspects of his stardom. When asked by Nichols if he was the “Kim Kardshian type,” Lin responded by saying, “Nah, I don’t think I’m her type.”
Too bad, because I already had a power couple nickname picked out: Kardashilin.
Lin also said that his new-found stardom has taken a toll on his family, saying that his private life isn’t private anymore.
Meanwhile, at the sports betting site Bovada.com:
Will Jeremy Lin and Kim Kardashian go out on a date before the NBA Finals is complete?
Yes … 5/1
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found