Feb 19, 2012, 10:06 AM EST
Earlier in the week, boxer Dereck Chisora got into an incident with WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko as he slapped him during weigh-ins before their scheduled title fight in Munich, Germany last night.
Before the fight even began, Chisora decided to make another enemy within the Klitschko clan as he got into incident with Vitali’s brother, Wladimir.
As Vitali’s record was being announced to the audience, Chisora decided to pull the old “spitting in your opponent’s brother face” routine:
In regards to the fight, Klitschko ended up winning by unanimous decision and was pleased with retaining his heavyweight title:
‘I am happy to defend my title. It was a good performance from Chisora. I don’t want to make excuses – it was not easy – but I saw every punch from Chisora. I am upset because I wanted to finish the fight before 12 rounds,’
After the bout, Chisora decided to get into another fight with British boxer David Haye after a post fight press conference. Dereck decided to mock Haye’s loss to Wladimir last year and as you can probably figure, Haye didn’t appreciate that talk.
The fight was so intense that police were brought in to separate the two fighters and considering that Chisora made out of the building alive is a little miracle all its own.
Klitschko outpoints Chisora in victory [IBN News]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found