Feb 17, 2012, 6:01 PM EDT
So, question: is it better to be ex-Mrs. Tiger Woods or ex-Mrs. Kobe Bryant these days? Vanessa Bryant got three mansions and (once the divorce is final) an estimated $75 million. But Elin also got a couple of houses, plus a reported $110 million. She used some of that dough to buy a mansion and tear it down, and is building a new one in its place. And she’s sparing none of Tiger’s expense.
Elin said that the old mansion in North Palm Beach, Fla., had to come down because of termites and wood rot. The new termites will live in luxury, it seems.
According to plans found at the Palm Beach County Building Office, Nordegren wants an 18,984-square-foot, three-story home erected on the lot and, while she is in the early stages of obtaining permits, the former first lady of golf has a very clear vision.
Mansion will include:
Theater with stadium seating in the basement.
Large pool and cabana with its own grotto, and a couple of jacuzzis.
Playroom for daughter Sam and son Charlie.
Kitchen measuring 29 by 18 feet.
Three guest bungalows.
1,200-square foot master suite, replete with bedroom, sitting room, bathroom, closets and dressing area, all with breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean, will be found on the second floor, along with three more guest rooms with their own private baths.
“Elin has a big family and wants to have room for all of them to visit,” a source exclusively tells E! News.
Workers, by the way, had to sign a confidentiality agreement — sort of like the ancient Egyptian laborers who built tombs for the Pharaohs.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found