Feb 16, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
So it’s come to this: a new shipment of Jeremy Lin merchandise arrived at Modell’s Sporting Goods in NYC’s Times Square on Wednesday, and TV cameras were on hand to film the thrill-packed unloading action. One would think that Lin himself was in one of the boxes, but no. Not only that, but people were lined up in the store to get their hands on the stuff the minute it was unpacked. Photos via Darren Rovell, who reports that over the past two days Modell’s has ordered 168,000 Lin items.
Meanwhile, at the Ed Sullivan Theater, Letterman drove a stake into the Lin Pun Epidemic with his Top Ten List.
Top Ten Worst Jeremy Lin Puns
10.Lin-termittent windshield wiper
9.Law and Order: Criminal Lin-Tent
7.Lin-ternational House of Lin-Cakes
5.Lin-terest-bearing Lin-vestment grade financial Lin-strument
4.Does this look Lin-fected to you?
3.Jere-meat sauce with Lin-guine
1.You gotta be Lin it to Lin it
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
What you missed while on German stuffed penguin rescue duty …
- Three minor league hockey players rescue puppy from back of freezing truck … puppy then adopted by fan of rival team.
- Best team giveaway ever? 76ers to give fans sections of wood floor from Wilt Chamberlain’s 100-point game.
- Canadian sled dog race in disarray because wolves are stealing the trail markers.
- Randy Moss gets Taiwanese animated … where he is headed to the Eagles.
Meanwhile, in Philadelphia …
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
Some kids get to go to football games or Disneyland. Rusty, well … butterflies are nice, I guess.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found