Feb 15, 2012, 1:08 PM EDT
According to White House spokesman Jay Carney, President Obama is keeping close tabs on the New York Knicks and Jeremy Lin. What Lin is doing with the Knicks “transcends sports,” according to Carney. Sorry, Floyd Mayweather.
Carney says Lin’s game-winning 3-pointer at the end of Tuesday night’s game against Toronto was the subject of conversation with the president aboard Marine One on Wednesday morning.
Obama was on his way to Milwaukee, the start of a three-day trip focused mainly on political fundraising.
Carney says Lin’s success is “just a great story, and the president was saying as much this morning.”
Obama, an avid basketball fan and recreational player, watched highlights of the game, and Carney described the president as “very impressed.”
Hopefully there was some Linning going on as well.
Obama tracking court exploits of Jeremy Lin [NBCSports]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona