Feb 14, 2012, 10:39 AM EDT
Are Tim Tebow and singer Katy Perry a romantic item? Inquiring minds want to know, and there are no minds more inquiring than the 100 kids who gathered to greet Tebow on Monday at the Challengers Boys & Girls Club in south Los Angeles. Obviously tuned in to the rumors that the two may have hooked up during Super Bowl weekend, the kids asked the question that no adult reporters may have had the courage to ask. Tebow’s response, via the Washington Post:
During a question-and-answer session with the kids, one query in particular got the loudest reaction of all. Tebow was asked if he “has a thing” with pop singer Katy Perry.
“No, me and Katy Perry don’t have a thing, but she’s a very good artist,” he said, smiling.
Tebow’s female fans might be glad to hear there’s no special woman he’ll be sharing Valentine’s Day with on Tuesday.
“I’m single … “ he said, “but I’m doing just fine though. I’ll just be around my brothers and friends. We’ll just have a good time.”
Perry dedicated a song to Tebow during a pre-Super Bowl party last week, and during the NFL Honors show on Saturday, gave Tebow another shout-out: “Hey Tim, my parents say hi.” Perry’s parents are ministers, as are Tebow’s.
Also, Perry’s suite for the game was right next to Tebow’s, reportedly.
Tim Tebow talks valentines, Katy Perry during visit with school kids in LA [The Washington Post]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- PBT: Heat haven't won back to back in a month
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- PHT: Bruins' little wins pay off big in Game 3