Feb 14, 2012, 11:48 AM EST
Great piece on Jeremy Lin today in the San Jose Mercury News (Lin grew up in Palo Alto, Calif., which is about 20 miles from San Jose) by Marcus Thompson II. It centers on Lin’s Christian faith, and how his belief in God helped him through the rough patches as first the Warriors and then the Rockets let him go without giving him the opportunity to prove what he could do.
But there’s also this nugget about Lin’s ability to avoid distraction, which I found interesting:
He can no longer stroll anonymously down the streets of New York, but Lin has found peace. He is bombarded with interview requests (even David Letterman got turned down), yet Lin is experiencing a sense of ease he’s never before felt.
And from S.I.com:
Montgomery hasn’t had a full night’s sleep for “about five days now,” he said, with interviews requests for Lin pouring in from all over the world and business opportunities booming. David Letterman has reached out, Montgomery said, as has Diane Sawyer and “90 percent of the major media personalities” (no Jay Leno yet, however). Meanwhile, Lin is in the second year of a three-year shoe contract with Nike, and Montgomery admitted that a renegotiation of terms could be in order if Lin keeps playing like this.
How awesome would it be if the first interview request Lin grants is to Talk Stoop, or better yet, Space Ghost Coast to Coast?
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found