Feb 13, 2012, 12:09 PM EDT
MLB Fan Cave recently announced its 50 contest finalists, and by the looks of the audition videos we have some really
mentally ill wonderful applicants. Take Benjamin Christensen, for instance. Not only is the 28-year-old University of Oregon student’s room packed with baseball memorabilia, but he has the mascot of every MLB team tattooed on his torso.
“I wanted to get every major league team on my body somehow, and the best way possible was ribs to hips on each side, so American League on the right side, and National League on the other,” he said.
Each tattoo has a story. “Its all historical related stories and such that I crammed a lot of research into it, but if I’m gonna put it on my body, might as well have some fun with it.”
Voting is now open, and an as-yet-number of winning video entries will earn spots in the MLB Fan Cave, which is a studio in Manhattan where they will watch every single MLB game on TV and blog about it. This year will be a reality show format, in which Fan Cave members are voted off incrementally, Survivor style.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found