Feb 9, 2012, 11:34 AM EDT
The former University of Rhode Island student who yelled “Sanchez!” during the New York Giants victory parade has taken a lot of ribbing for her Super Bowl blooper, and now she has spoken out on exactly what happened. Samantha DeFalco, now a student at the Fashion Institute of Technology, says she just happened to be at the parade with her roommate, and got caught up in the moment. When asked by a reporter who she was there to see, she yelled “Sanchez!”, for Jets’ quarterback Mark.
On Wednesday she talked with NBC NEW York.
“I mean it was just pure fun, we’re not really fans of anyone, of any team of any sport.”
From The Good 5-Cent Cigar:
“I had no idea the video was going to explode like this,” DeFalco said. “It was a typical blonde moment for me that got way more attention than I ever expected.”
An interview with both girls aired on NBC last night. When asked about the interview before it aired, DeFalco commented, “We said a lot of funny [stuff]. We made the guy laugh so hard, they had to turn the camera off.”
‘Sanchez’ girl from Giants victory parade explains why she said what she said [The Last Angry Fan]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found