Feb 8, 2012, 10:29 AM EDT
As far as I know, this is the first meeting between Tiger Woods and Bill Murray — unless you count the video below (ha … Tiger Spackler). There’s no doubt that Murray has been the face of the Pebble Beach National Pro-Am golf tournament for several years: his face is even on the tickets. But quick trivia question: who was Murray’s pro partner when he won the title last year?
If you guessed D.A. Points, you win … and you may be in the minority. Points is back again this year, and apparently not wildly enthusiastic about all the attention being heaped on Murray and Woods, the latter who is playing the event for the first time since 2002. San Jose Mercury News:
“It was funny, I got here and I got the program and I looked at the tickets and I thought, “Wait a minute, didn’t I win?” Points said Tuesday. “There are pictures of Bill everywhere. I’m like driving down the highway, I see a billboard. There is Bill. There is Tiger. I’m like, `Where am I?’ ” Points was smiling as he talked, but there appeared be a tinge of seriousness about the in injustice, too.
“Honestly, it’s a little disheartening because it was my first win (on the PGA Tour) and I’ve been around a while,” he said. “But the celebrities obviously make this a larger-than-life event sometimes. Yeah, I’m a little bummed I didn’t get a picture somewhere, but at the same time, Bill also won (the pro-am), but he’s been coming here a long time and is a well-deserving champion.”
“Is this your place, Carl?”
“Yeah, you like it?”
“It’s really … awful.”
“Well, I got a lot of stuff on order. You know… credit trouble.”
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found