Feb 7, 2012, 12:39 PM EDT
New York has its Super Bowl parade today, as you know. Meanwhile in Boston, 900 pounds of Butterfinger candy bars were dumped in the middle of Copley Square, and it appears that several people indeed layed a finger on them. Pawngo, an online pawn shop, deposited the candy in commemoration of Welker’s key dropped pass in the Super Bowl. This is just so wrong, somehow. Pawngo tells us:
Boston locals got a 900 pound sweet surprise courtesy of Pawngo in the center of Copley Square in the heart of Boston. 900 pounds, or 8,000 bars of Nestle Butterfingers were piled high with a sign entitled, “Thank you Wes Welker” — making everyone in the area stop to take pictures, grab a bar, and have a laugh.
Well, we’re pretty sure that not everyone was having a laugh.
Is Welker the new Bill Buckner? Anyway, at this point, Welker’s task is clear: he’s going to have to catch a baby.
Photo: Katherine Castro Photography.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found