Feb 7, 2012, 9:48 AM EDT
Another great photo for my collection. This one comes from Tlacotalpan, Mexico, last week, during the annual Candlemas celebrations. That’s when bulls are let loose in the middle of town, and idiots race about taunting them. (My one regret is that this isn’t Rick Reilly). When he left the house that morning, this man probably was not anticipating a return to the church’s boy’s choir. Love the fact that in addition to everything, this guy also lost a shoe.
As Han Solo said: “Nice shot kid, that’s one in a million. Now let’s go home.”
But first, let’s go to Mexico City, where a different kind of bullfighting protest was going on. It happened at the Angel de la Independencia monument, where members of the animal rights group Animanaturalis showed their opposition to Mexico’s favorite “sport.” The bullfighting season in Mexico began on Saturday. More on this later today.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming