Feb 6, 2012, 11:04 AM EDT
While Katy Perry spent Super Bowl weekend giving multiple shoutouts to Tim Tebow, apparently Tebow had eyes for someone else: entertainment reporter Maria Menounos. The two were seen “flirting” on multiple occasions at various SB functions, and then there’s this photo of a tender, intimate moment when they Tebowed together. From the Chicago Sun-Times:
The Broncos quarterback, known for his Christian faith and squeaky-clean reputation, reportedly was quite taken with the sexy TV entertainment reporter, overheard telling a pal at Friday’s ESPN party, “Wow! She’s not only gorgeous, she’s really sweet too.” The two were seen getting very cozy at that little fete.
While Perry spent her weekend teasing Tebow at various events, a source who attended the ESPN Next party on Friday night told MTV News that Tebow spent the night flirting with TV host Maria Menounos. The two chatted it up while Drake handed out shots to the women in attendance before performing at the party.
And of course we already saw Maria doing this at the Golden Globes last month:
Maria’s dialed up a blitz, apparently. Let’s see what Tebow audibles into.
Meanwhile, Perry was really into the Super Bowl, and it showed. Not only was she wearing this costume below (yikes), but she was seen in stands screaming like a crazed person, waving a foam No. 1 finger. She also said that the game “Was like a spiritual experience.” Wow.
Perry headlined DIRECTV’s Super Bowl party on Saturday, where this happened:
Before Perry launched into her cheerleader anthem-sounding Teenage Dream track “Peacock,” she shouted out one football player who wasn’t even playing in Sunday’s big game: “This one goes out to Tim Tebow,” she said.
Tim Tebow throws his attention to Maria Menounos [Chicago Sun-Times]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings
- Play Video: Spurs take a commanding 2-0 lead
- Play Video: An early whistle takes goal away from Kings
- Play Video: Kerr: LeBron vs. Jordan comes down to rings
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks even series with Kings
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Highlights: Bruins comeback to win Game 3