Feb 3, 2012, 12:15 PM EDT
You may have heard the rumor that’s been circulating on Twitter today that Tim Tebow — who is making the rounds on radio row at the Super Bowl — refused to do Rosie O’Donnell’s Sirius XM show because she’s gay. It appears to have been started by WFAN’s Mike Francesca, and was featured most prominently in this tweet from Jimmy Traina of S.I.’s Hot Clicks:
According to Mike Francesa, Tim Tebow refused to do an interview with Rosie O’Donnell on Sirius because she’s gay.
But then …
(1/2) Francesa said Tebow didn’t do Rosie’s show because of her ‘lifestyle’. I put on Sirius & she talked to Tebow for about 30 seconds.
(2/2) So it sounds like Francesa was wrong, which isn’t shocking. Also, why is Rosie O’Donnell on radio row.
I have no answers for that last one. But here’s photographic proof (main photo, above) that Tebow has no such qualms about appearing with Rosie. That’s Tebow on the right, as both visit Chris “Mad Dog” Russo’s Sirius XM radio show.
So I don’t know where Francesca got that, but it appears to be totally false. And it’s just another example of how Tebow again manages to rise above controversy others are trying hard to manufacture. Or, as an Off the Bench commenter said earlier this morning:
Tebow continues to take it all in stride. … winning
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found