Feb 1, 2012, 11:02 AM EDT
It happened in Macquarie Harbour, off the west coast of Tasmania, as a group of 145 water skiers established a Guinness world record by all being towed simultaneously behind a single boat.
A 114-foot World Heritage Cruises catamaran was outfitted with a 308-foot-long boom to attach the ski ropes. The youngest entrant, Alexandria Seaton, was 12 years old.
My first question, of course, is why? That answer is shrouded in mystery.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found