Jan 31, 2012, 3:37 PM EST
Sure, the Skip Schumaker Rally Squirrel Topps card is getting all the publicity this week. But the Nationals’ Michael Morse also has a unique card in the new Topps set, which debuted today. Keith Olbermann passes along this screenshot of Morse’s SP (single print) card. From his blog Baseball Nerd:
Two years ago the theme of the SP’s were the Pie-In-The-Face celebrations, mostly enacted by the Yankees’ A.J. Burnett. This year the premise is celebrations and mascots, and in the case of the former, particularly the Gatorade Bath.
[The Royals' Billy Butler], caught just as the orange goop explodes but before he’s lost under it, is a classic card. But, to my mind, the SP version of Mike Morse’s card 165 and its suspension-of-the-wave is an instant classic.
10th annual Topps Pack Opening Day [Baseball Nerd]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found