Jan 24, 2012, 11:42 AM EDT
Chuck Giampa is a former boxing judge who was making his debut on Showtime Boxing on Friday night to add commentating perspective from a judge’s point of view. The only problem was that when the lights went on, Giampa just got one line out before he completely froze. I’ve seen deer in my headlights look more comfortable.
Those watching this at work, please be advised that one word Giampa did manage to get out was a despondent “sh**”.
Showtime’s Al Bernstein, who introduced Giampa, just went on like nothing happened following the disaster … which is almost as funny. Couldn’t he have blamed technical difficulties or something?
Anyway, I guess we now have boxing’s “Boom goes the dynamite” moment.
Former Boxing Judge Chuck Giampa Has The Roughest Television Debut Ever [Awful Announcing]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Play Video: Sagan wins Stage 8 of Tour of California
- Play Video: van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Play Video: Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes, Orb finishes fourth
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Boychuk gives Bruins lead in Game 2
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'