Jan 23, 2012, 11:37 AM EDT
AC Milan midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng is injured again — on the bench for up to a month due to a thigh injury during Saturday’s 1-0 loss to Inter. And his ever-so-helpful girlfriend, Melissa Satta, thinks she knows why Boateng is on the injury list so often.
“The reason why he is always injured is because we have sex 7-10 times a week,” the 25-year-old told Vanity Fair.
Wait, in Italy, isn’t 7-10 times a week considered too little sex?
AC Milan have not commented on the matter, but they did issue a statement to validate his injury.
A statement from the Rossoneri read: “Boateng has sustained a muscular lesion in his left thigh and the estimated time of recovery is around four weeks, unless there are complications.”
Boateng, of German and Ghanaian descent, played for Ghana in the 2010 World Cup, but retired from international soccer last year due to “the physical demands.”
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: National anthems gone wrong
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Sagan wins Stage 8 of Tour of California
- Play Video: Pujols losing battle with Father Time?