Jan 20, 2012, 6:28 PM EST
We all know that the Queen of England has mad hops, but it still surprises me that an NBA player would have a daughter named after her. But you’ll forgive the Miami Heat’s Mario Chalmers: after all, he just found out he had a daughter. Miami New Times:
According to Jose Lambiet at Gossip Extra, Chalmers recently agreed to pay Queen Elizabeth’s mother $2,600-a-month in child support. The Queen’s mother, whose name is probably not Anne Boleyn, is apparently a student who was only pulling in $800-a-month. That’s not the kind of money to be raising a Queen on.
She’ll also be receiving $12,800 in back paid child support.
But that’s still less than the combined total per month Chalmers pays for a chef ($1,500) and a bodyguard ($2,000).
And let’s not jump to the conclusion that Queen Elizabeth Chalmers was named after the current Queen of England. She could be named after Queen Elizabeth I, who was a total badass in every way. Just ask the Spanish.
Mario Chalmers Has a Daughter Named “Queen Elizabeth” [Miami New Times]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found