Jan 19, 2012, 11:09 AM EST
We haven’t heard a lot from Joe Biden in the past four years — something the upcoming presidential campaign will remedy. And that’s a good thing. Because I love me some Joe Biden malaprops. The latest — while speaking at a political fundraiser in San Francisco’s financial district on Wednesday, the Vice President told crowd at Bently Reserve: “The Giants are on their way to the Super Bowl!”
The comment quickly drew “good-natured” boos from the pro-49ers crowd, according to the Oakland Tribune.
Biden then corrected himself, saying he was still stuck on the 2010 World Series race. This may be one of the reasons that the Obama administration only allowed one newspaper reporter to attend the event: and he was from Oakland. Biden malaprop fear is a real thing. For the rest of the campaign he will be packed in bubble wrap and stored in the White House basement.
Joe Biden believes that the San Francisco Giants will win the Super Bowl [Mentality Magazine]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found