Jan 17, 2012, 11:12 AM EST
Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time. His name is Peter Serafin, 57, married, Manhattan-born, and a diehard Green Bay Packers fan. Since he’s a Wall Street investment banker and apparently can afford it, he shelled out a total of $240,000 to take five friends (all Giants fans) on a road trip to see Sunday’s NFC playoff game between Green Bay and New York art Lambeau Field.
How does one spend $240,000 at a football game, you ask? Easy. His trip included:
Fully stocked luxury RV.
Executive chef of the Old Homestead Steakhouse.
26 bottles of champagne
65 Kobe beef burgers
100 gallons of beer
150 pounds of prime beef.
10 live lobsters.
Six tickets on the 50-yard line.
Oh, and he also missed his 28th wedding anniversary.
All the quotes we have from Serafin came before the game — no telling what he’s feeling like now. Maybe he’s living in a tent with the Occupy Wall Street protesters.
Wall Street fat cat drops $240G on road trip to watch Giants take on Packers [New York Post]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found