Jan 16, 2012, 12:12 PM EDT
It happened in Charleston, S.C., where two Wando High School students were beaten up in the parking lot by rival fans for Tebowing after their team had won a basketball game. Imagine Nelson Muntz saying: “THAT’S for not realizing Tim Tebow is no longer a trending topic!” The Post and Courier:
A rivalry between local basketball fans heated up this week when Wando High students said they were punched and kicked after “Tebowing” during a game against West Ashley High.
Two teenage fans were beaten — one to the point of vomiting — as they walked outside after the game, which ended in a 20-point rout by Wando. Neither required hospitalization. A 17-year-old Wando fan told police that as he and a friend left the gym and began walking through a breezeway, some West Ashley fans jumped them.
“They were scared for their lives,” said Lara Isaac, the 17-year-old’s mother. “No one was manning the exits to make sure this wouldn’t happen. The kids who did this apparently knew that.”
Fun fact: The Wando High School marching band is a marching band dynasty, having won the past seven straight SCBDA state 5-A championships.
Two Wando students beaten at game [The Post and Courier]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found