Jan 16, 2012, 2:04 PM EDT
And wouldn’t you know that the English National Rugby team is involved.
Peter Dinklage won a Golden Globe on Sunday for best supporting actor in a TV drama (Game of Thrones fans, represent), and his acceptance speech provided one of the telecast’s more intriguing moments. Dinklage mentioned his friend Martin Henderson during his speech, along with the suggestion that people “Google him.” People did, and now he’s, as they say, a trending topic. The Hollywood Reporter:
According to The Sun, a British newspaper, Henderson had been standing outside a pub on his 37th birthday when someone picked him up and dropped him on the ground, injuring his back and legs. He was not able to recover, and must now walk on crutches and use a wheelchair. So far, no arrests have been made.
Henderson told the newspaper he thought the incident might have been inspired by a dwarf-tossing competition in New Zealand attended by English rugby players several weeks beforehand.
“The England players had been in trouble for going to a dwarf tossing event and this might have given this guy the idea,” he said.
It was back in September when English rugby captain Mark Tindall, who is married to Queen Elizabeth’s granddaughter Zara Philips, was all over the news after being photographed with teammates at a boozy “dwarf throwing” event at a New Zealand nightspot (Queen faints). Tindall wasn’t actually photographed tossing any little people, but he was shown fondling some buxom girls and other cavorting activities.
English players were celebrating their victory over Argentina in the opening round of the World Cup.
Yob Tindalled me [The Sun]
England rugby skipper’s boozy dwarf party after World Cup win [Independent.ie]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner